mixxt

Welcome to mixxt!

Play "Mister X Mobile" @ droidcamp

link this post written on 29/10/2009
  • To top
Hello All,

we are interested in your feedback on our mobile multi-player game "Mister X Mobile".
In our experience you only get the whole idea of the game once you played it yourself.
So I will offer game sessions at the droidcamp!

We are currently working on a construction kit for location-based mobile games and
would like to get in contact with people interested in the topic.
Already Mister X Mobile offers a range of collaboration opportunities with other tools and services.

I am looking forward to exciting game sessions and discussions!

Cheers
Tobias

Here are some more details, the summary of the upcoming Droidcon talk:

Mister X mobile is a mobile location-based game for small groups of players. Similarly as in the board game classic
by Ravensburger up to five detectives try to catch the fleeing Mr. X before the time is over.
But in this case the chase happens on the streets of your neighborhood and the whole city becomes your playing field.
On their display the players see each other’s movements in real time, while Mr. X occurs only every few minutes. Where will he hide? What strategy will he choose?
On your way you find valuable coins that you can collect to get special abilities.
If you find a screamer, you can let all player's phones scream, very annoying for Mr. X when he hides in a doorway close by.
Other examples are a smoke grenade obscuring all player's maps around your position, or a magic magnet that turns your opponents map upside-down. There is much more to explore.
This game has been developed as a research prototype by the University of Bonn, Germany for Android and iPhone platforms.
It is now under further development by Qeevee UG (www.qeevee.com).
Research goal is a construction kit for mobile location-based multiplayer games that blur the border between reality and the virtual gaming experience.
Already today, the game Mr. X can be adapted in many ways, so that partner programs are in reach that may include third party content into the game UI,
design and mechanics.
link this post written on 02/11/2009
  • To top
Hi,

I'm very interested in playing mister x on the barcamp tomorrow, so please reserve a seat for me (*first*).

Back in universityaround 2001 i also developed lbs games

http://www.jayotee.de/kiezwahn/kiezkoenig01.shtml
  • Statistics: 2 Posts | 1401 Visits

Sign in here

Not a member of this network?

Alternative logins

You can use an account of a third party.

Network details

• Search for:

• Network name

droidcamp Barcamp, Berlin
    Business and Development in the Android Ecosystem

• Your host is

Friedger Müffke

• Created on

29/05/2009

• Members

• Language

English